Home insurance endorsements that you may need

Before you can consider what home insurance endorsements that you need, you have to understand precisely what an endorsement is and which ones are offered. An insurance endorsement is an amendment that is added to a policy that changes specific coverage on the policy. They are sometimes called riders. In order to have a specific endorsement, you may need to change companies, which is why if you live in or near Oviedo, FL, talking to Karla Salmon Insurance is a good idea.  

Some common endorsements include 

  • Animal liability
  • Mold 
  • Flood
  • Hurricane
  • Jewelry 
  • Sinkholes

Some of these endorsements are for things that are very common in Florida. Some home policies cover hurricane damage. Others require an endorsement. It is up to you to read your policy carefully and to discuss specific coverage with your agent. Mold, flood, and sinkholes are all too common and need to be covered in order to have peace of mind. 

If you have more than a piece or two of jewelry, the jewelry endorsement is a must. Typically if you have an engagement ring, that is about the extent of the coverage your policy has. Be sure to get an appraisal for your jewelry and submit it with the endorsement. 

Pets are a significant liability, and some animals are not covered and can’t be covered by an endorsement. If you are a pet owner, you need to check with your insurance company to determine if your breed is among those that can be covered. 

You can only decide the endorsements you need for your Florida home, but if you live in or near Oviedo, FL, Karla Salmon Insurance can help you to make this critical decision. Give us a call or stop by our office and let us make sure that you have all the coverage you need.