Home insurance that is also known as homeowner’s insurance is a type of property insurance, the purpose of which is to protect your home, you as a homeowner, and your personal belongings. In the state of Florida, it is not required to carry home insurance, but your mortgage lender may require it. If you are considering getting this type of insurance, and you want to know more about it, Karla Salmon Insurance serving clients in Oviedo, FL prepared information about what home insurance does and does not cover.
What Is Covered By Standard Home Insurance?
Generally, standard home insurance includes six types of coverage:
- Dwelling – damage to your home and attached structures
- Other structures, including certain stand-alone structures, such as a shed or fence.
- Personal property. Home insurance pays for the repair and replacement of stolen or damaged personal belongings.
- Liability. It protects you against lawsuits for injury or unintentional property damage that you or your family members caused to other people.
- Additional living expenses. It pays for your temporary living while your home is being repaired.
What Is Not Covered By Standard Home Insurance?
Usually, most standard home insurance policies do not cover:
- Wear and tear. Home insurance covers only accidental or sudden damage.
- Negligent home care. If you did not take care of your home property and this caused problems, your insurance will not cover it.
- Poor installation. If systems, structures, or appliances were not installed properly, this will not be covered by insurance.
Karla Salmon Insurance – We Are Ready To Take Care of Your Home
Are you a homeowner living in Oviedo, FL or any other nearby town? Are you looking for home insurance? Then you should contact our insurance agency. Our professional and knowledgeable insurance agents will answer all of your questions and help you find a perfect policy based on your budget and personal preferences. Feel free to visit our website or call us.