The 4 Types of Home Insurance All New Homeowners Should Have

It’s important to remember that all homeowners insurance policies are different. However, there are some basic types of home insurance that all homeowners should make sure they have. They are as follows:

Dwelling coverage

This is the main coverage type that you’ll get in most any home insurance policy. As the name suggests, it protects the dwelling or structure of your home. This includes all walls, floors, ceilings, and built-in appliances

Contents coverage

The word “contents” is an insurance term that refers to all items in your home that are not part of the dwelling or structure. For example, the contents of your home include your clothing, your furniture, your kitchen appliances, and all other products and items.

Personal liability coverage

Of course, you’ll want to have personal liability coverage as well. This type of coverage is a bit different. It covers you in the event that you or your property causes bodily harm and injury to someone else or damage to someone else’s property.

Other optional types of home insurance

There are other optional types of home insurance available as well. You’ll want to discuss these types of insurance with your insurance agent to see if they’re applicable to you and your home and family. These other types of insurance include coverage for valuables such as jewelry, earthquake insurance, flood insurance, law insurance or ordinance insurance, and more.

Need Home Insurance? Contact Karla Salmon Insurance Today

If you are a new homeowner, Karla Salmon Insurance can help you find the homeowners insurance plan you’ve been looking for! There are many options available for all different budgets and coverage options. Give us a call today, or stop by one of our local offices to learn more about your home insurance options!