A commercial liability policy is a great general policy to have for your business in Oviedo, FL, but there are some things it won’t cover. An agent at Karla Salmon Insurance can help you put together a commercial liability policy that will cover many of your business risks, so you have well rounded coverage.
- Workplace Injuries: General liability will not cover employees who are injured in the workplace. Instead, these injuries will need to be claimed under workers compensation coverage.
- Damage to Your Own Property: Your liability policy will cover costs if you damage someone else’s property, but it won’t cover any damage to your own property. Instead, you would need a commercial property policy.
- Intentional Damage: If any damage were done on purpose, or with malicious intent, it would not be covered under this policy.
- Damage to Client Property in Your Care: If you have customer property that is in your care, your liability policy will not cover any damages. You may need other property coverage or policies to have this type of protection.
- Professional Mistakes: Any mistakes that are the fault of your business are not covered under this policy. For example, if your company misprints 1,000 books, your general liability won’t include a reimbursement. However, there could be some other policies that will cover these types of claims. In addition to mistakes, this policy won’t cover any errors in services. If a marketing company is consulting with a small business and the small business loses customers after launching a campaign, then this type of claim against the marketing company won’t be covered.
- Damages to Company Vehicles: If your business has company vehicles, you will need a commercial auto policy. Any damages that occur won’t be covered under a commercial liability policy.
Contact Karla Salmon Insurance, serving Oviedo, FL, to get a quote on commercial insurance.